Sunday, January 12, 2014

Introduction

Welcome to The Aimless Pilgrim.  This post is an introduction to the blog and, like the introduction of a book, is entirely unnecessary to read since it consists of background information and a certain amount of self-indulgence on the part of its author.

Anyway, if you're still curious, I thought I'd explain the purpose of this particular blog.  The blog's title, "The Aimless Pilgrim," comes from a short story of the same name.  The thrust of the story is that not all pilgrims travel to a fixed destination; some people are pilgrims simply because they know that the place they're in now isn't the place where they belong.  To me, it's an analogy of the way Christians are supposed to live.  We may not know where on earth we're going to end up, but we do know that the earth isn't our home.  We're pilgrims on our way to the Celestial City, enjoying and enduring what the world has to offer, but never becoming overly satisfied or depressed by what we see along the way.  I hope to capture that feeling with this blog.

In a more immediate sense, this blog is also a travel journal of sorts.  I'm currently studying abroad for a semester in Madrid, Spain.  Since I'm notoriously bad at keeping in touch with people, I figured I'd start up a blog to keep everybody back home posted (pun acknowledged, but not intended) on what I'm up to.  Let's see how it turns out, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment